Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Wipers work onli in speed, Cascadia 2014, I have bought a…

Wipers work onli in...

Wipers work onli in hi speed

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Cascadia 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have bought a brand new switch ..and the problem it is not solved

2/15/2018
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. Please post all the fault codes logged in the dash display/SAM module.

I don’t have any fault codes in the dashboard. I have changed the windshield wipers motor and now doesn’t work intermittently anly in mediun and high speed. When I start the engine windshield wipers start to work...

Thanks for the update. I am very surprised the wiper circuit is not workink properly and not throwing any SAM /chassis module codes which will tell us right down to the wire and connector pin that is showing a problem. On multiplexed systems like this one you can not always get away with replacing components without some reprogramming involved for the new component to be recognized by the SAM module. New switches and components can have different resistance readings and throw off the module or cause operational problems sometimes requiring the programming. For example here is a wiper code.

33 522215 3
Wiper high
and wiper
low -
Voltage
above
normal, or
shorted to
high
source
conn X21,
pin 15
conn X21,
pin 12 - -
Common
DTC for
pins 797
(wiper
high,
X21/15)
and 798
(wiper low,
X21/12).
Connected
load is always
supplied
The wiring
harness
to the
connected
load is
shorted to
battery
Check
the
wiring
harness
to the
connecte
d load
1. Battery
voltage is
greater than
9V and
smaller than
16V
2. Wiper
high and
wiper low
are inactive > 8 V

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

I went to the Freightliner and in 2days of work the problem was solved..thx

Thanks for the update. Pleasure to help if you need more help in the future

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Daniel Wilson