Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have two active codes stored causing defrayed. 3712 and…

I have two active...

I have two active codes stored causing defrayed. 3712 and 3714. Cummins isl9

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

2014 Freightliner cummins isl9

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, tested dosing valve, regen, replaced scr

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/5/2018
Technician: cumminsdr, Mechanic replied 4 years ago
cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic

what is the engine serial number? and the other faults present? Those 2 codes are info only codes and means you have other faults present

73554534, 3543 and 5868, both codes have been cleared are no longer active or inactive

Ok you have Cummins Insite program?

I have drained and refilled the DEF tank also2 counts 5868
1 count 3543

G​reat when you replace the SCR or DPF you need to perform a RESET ALL under aftertreatment maintenance section located in ADVANCED ECM DATA. That should take care of the 3712 fault. Then completely shut the unit down for 5 min to let everything power down. Then start the engine and let it idle until the other fault goes inactive. and your fine. The ECM will turn off the ENGINE WARNING lamp after the diagnostic runs and passes.Ill check the ecm Calibration for updated on this code you have/had.

What is the part number of the SCR cat you installed.?

I have reset "all" in the after treatment maintenance section under advanced exam data but both codes remain activeEcm

What is the part number of the SCR cat you installed.? ANd the current ecm calibration installed in the ECM? is it EB90017

Current ecm code is eb90227.07
Installed cat(###) ###-####

Ok do you have the ability to recalibrate the ECM. The calibration matched the correct calibration for the SCR part number. If you cannot get the faults to clear as they should (during idle) they may be what we call stuck or burnt in faults and a quick ecm recal with the same ecm code will wipe them out for you. Please take a moment to Rate/Accept my service.

cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
I will try the recal, l have never experienced stuck or burnt in codes. Thank you for your assistance

Your Very welcome, Thank you

After recalibrating the ecm with the same calibration code the problem is gone. Great advice. Thanks again

Your welcome. The faults get stuck sometimes and will not clear.