Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

We have a F300SE boom and we want to mount this at the rear…

We have a F300SE...

We have a F300SE boom and we want to mount this at the rear of the chassis instead of behind the cab would this be an issue

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Fassi F300SE s/n 0121

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

The original truck was old we purchased a 2012 20lb front 44 rear tandem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

We have a certified shop working on this truck the reason we are asking is I have only seen these booms mounted behind the cab just want to be certin we can mount at the rear.

1/23/2018
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

I sure wasted $61.00 please refund my money I found out the answer your response ridiculously slowRoger Agnolin

Hi Roger, It helps to have the year make and model of the chassis it is going on because it can only be mounted so far back behind the center of the rears or the rears would need to be moved back. The chassis manufacturer has the frame specs. Also double frame is necessary. I have a repair business and am not an employee of the site... We work on the possibility of maybe getting paid on positive feedback and accepted answers... the sit handles the money... i would have only gotten :

Customer/a> has 1 open request.

Value:

$22.68

If you go too far back from the centerline of the rears it will be like a bucking bronco loading with it and could break or twist the frame.

The truck is a 2012 double frame International we had a 20ft deck now we have an 18ft deck the wheel base is the same I will measure the wheel base and double check that distance don't need a bucking broncoThanks

That is true. I had a customer rear mount a prentice loader too far back after he didnt like the quote I gave him to move the axles back into specs and the tag axle per Mack and Prentice so he had a weld shop mount it. He regretted it. Was scary watching him load logs with it. What you want is the body builder specs from international for your chassis and the F300SE install specs as they will cover the full specs for proper weight distribution and centerline. For example:

http://www.alpineco.com/armored/PDFspecs/2011/Durastar.pdf

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson