Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2013 international workstar 7400 series with air…

I have a 2013 international...
I have a 2013 international workstar 7400 series with air brakes. The right rear modulator valve is exhausting air with the parking brakes applied. I have change that valve, same problem exist. I have swap the tractor protection valve (valve on left side chasis), the parking and trailer valve inside to see if it make difference I still have the same problem. It I apply the foot brakes the air will stop. What should I do to fix this?
1/22/2018
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi Sam

I’m Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

what you are describing is a maxi brake chamber is bleeding back that is where I would start

the other thing is the foot brake valve

is faulty bleeding back,

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

What is a maxi brake chamber and how do I check for it?

Hi Thank you for the response

The maxi brake chamber is the Pot that connects to the slack adjuster

arm, to check it, you block off each line Parking/service brake

so no air goes to it

I disconnect the two lines that going to the brake chamber, cap it off. Do each brake chamber until I find the one that stops the air thats coming through the modulator valve. When I find that, then I replace that brake chamber those air lines feed.

HI

Thank you for the response

Yes, do it as you are saying, but if it continues to leak

replace the foot valve

I hope this helps you,

Wayne,

Wayne, Journeyman
Thank you very much.

You are welcome

and Thank you