Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 98 Volvo vnl truck with a 60 series Detroit. Trying…

Customer Question
I have a 98 Volvo...
I have a 98 Volvo vnl truck with a 60 series Detroit. Trying to replace the starter solenoid while starter is still on truck, but the solenoid only moves forward about 2 inches like its still connected to something. Do you have any idea what is holding the solenoid from completely coming off?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Don't worry about the question, don't give me the answer, I will just replace the whole starter. It took too long to answer my question so please don't charge my card
1/20/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. Some solenoids just slide off the plunger but others you need to disconnect the linkage going to the bendix drive. The delcos usually have a plug at the front to help access this. In some cases they are just stuck and starter replacement is the best option anyway.