Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

How do I take the jake head off a cat acert 15. Mxs33697.

How do I take...

How do I take the jake head off a cat acert 15

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Mxs33697

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Trying to get the valve cover off to change wiring

1/19/2018
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
It’s not hard at all. Just remove all the bolts from the top of the housing. It will then come right off.What sort of problem are you having?
I have the rocker housings off. I’m trying to replace the wiring that is connected to the valve cover. Can’t get wiring off without removing valve cover. Jake and IVA assembly in the way dos the assembly need to be removed first?
that’s correct. All the housings and rockers need to be removed before the housing can come off.
I just need to know which bolts or nuts need to be removed Will that screw up my valve settings
The adjustment screws do not need to be touched. Just the hold down bolts.
all the ones without an Allen key top
Take a look at this link. This shows the bolts that need to be removed.https://www.dropbox.com/s/4juqjbtf999h48u/RRRAAAA.pdf?dl=0
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert