Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a code this morning. FREIGHTLINER Columbia 2009 with…

Good morning, I have...

Good morning, I have a code this morning.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

FREIGHTLINER Columbia 2009 with a Detroit engine I guess is 14L ECU 128 SID 04 Fail 06 fault 01

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have this code. ECU 128 SID 04 Fail 06 fault 01

1/19/2018
roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

the code is for number 4 cylinder fuel injector needle circuit shorted.

could either be te injector itself or the harness. I have seen the harness as the issue in many of these situations.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Roy

your welcome

roybelding

thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if a change the injector 4 will be fix? Or I need to change all?

if it is the injector and not the harness, no, you can change just one injector. since you will be at number 4 and you have jakes, it would make sense to change 5 and 6 as they are right there. that would depend on your budget.

I would look at the harness first.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will try that first. Thank you so much Roy. We will keep in touch! Thanks again

your welcome

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Roy, sorry to bother. On the same truck 2009 Freightliner Columbia DETROIT engine. I have a mother code. (This is not posible ) the code is ECU 128 SID 155 fail 14 fault 01
Would you please help me what’s this now?

would you please rate me positively, 3 stars or better for the last question and I would be glad to help on that code. technically you should submit a new question but if you rate me and allow the site to pay me then I will be glad to help

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did. It’s showing “ you rated 5 stars”

I checked and you are correct, did not show on my end. sorry

this shows a turbo boost issue.

do you have low power???

check the CAC for any holes, hoses and clamps for any leaks.

make sure the air filter is not clogged

Roy

Do you have a EGR valve

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Everything seems good. I do have EGR I change it like 2 months ago also the throttle position valve and turbo boost sensor. You think is because the injector 4 that we talk about? Cuz ask me for Regen and I did but 10 minutes after that the Regen stops I tried again and stops same after 10 minutes. Maybe the injector is messing with Regen. What you think?

did you change the injector or the harness

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not yet

yes, you need to resolve the injector issue first. with that code, it will affect the regen. get that code resolved and try the regen again and see what happens. this stays open and locked to me and you can come back anytime and continue.

make sure the egr is working. the v pod harness that operates the egr was an issue as well if it is not working

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok Roy thank bud

your welcome

glad to help

Customer reply replied 4 days ago
Good morning Roy, this morning I got this code. Would you please help me?What is this code meanECU 128 SID 147 FAIL 11 FAULT 01

let me check

is this for the same truck???

this is for the VGT for the turbo.

Roy

Customer reply replied 4 days ago
Yep, same truck
Customer reply replied 4 days ago
What’s VGT mean?

variable geometry turbo

Roy

Customer reply replied 4 days ago
Ohhhh now the code its gone! Is that something that I need to fix now? Or can I continue driving till I get home? How much this repair could be?

as long as the light is out, you are good.

hard to say. it needs to be checked first. could be the turbo as the worse case possibility. that would be in the 3-4k area.

Roy

Customer reply replied 4 days ago
Oh wow! Ok Roy thanks a lot ��

your welcome

Roy

roybelding
roybelding