Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Will a successful regen clear out the red stop engine light…

Will a successful regen clear...
Will a successful regen clear out the red stop engine light if after replacing the def metering unit, it resolves the aftertreatment issues?
1/18/2018
roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks

yes, Al it should. that is the verification of the repair. If it completes the regen successfully, it will clear the light and life goes on.

Roy

if it wont start a regen try clearing the codes first before running the regen

roybelding
Thanks. Please answer the other question in the cue.

Al, I only saw the one for clearing the red light after replacing the metering unit

what other question??

Someone else took it. Ooops

thats ok.

We got a couple really good guys with the truck side. we are all here to help

roy

How do I take this connection off. It's my last one and I am afraid to break it. After prying and disconnecting the clip ok top it still feels like something else is holding it in.Does the white plastic have something to do with it?

I just saw it.

squeeze the 2 tabs together and the line will release. it a little tricky but it will come off

Roy

Got it off. Phew! Thanks again. Did you get the tip. I am not sure if it went through.

not yet.

good job. it just pushes back on. the wire connectors on the other sensors are a pain. take your time and dont break the tabs that hold them. if you do, use a wire tie to keep the connector on

Roy

It should have. It's not letting me do any more tips.

no worries, we are good

Good nees!
I replaced that def meter.
Cleared the codes. Doing that actually turn off the red stop engine light
I can't do a parked regen now but I only have one code, the the low def blinking light is gone.So all in all I am in good shape.I only have the code 61 5397 31 which I hope that it will go away after the first regen.So yea . Everything went away without requiring a regen.Thank you very much man.

ok, the final step in the flow chart is a regen to verify the repair.

good news

Roy