Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Jeremy, I have a 2008 Mitsubishi fuso 4 cyl. after you drive…

hi Jeremy, I have a...
hi Jeremy, I have a 2008 Mitsubishi fuso 4 cyl. after you drive it for 30- 40 miles it has a pending code of p0401 (egr insufficient) and a p1441 (dpf temp 4 abnormal) I replaced the exhaust brake ( it was broke) replaced fuel filter / oil filter / oil. can you tell me in your experience what would trigger a issufficient egr flow as well as that dpf 4 temp abnormal code.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/18/2018
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. What is the complete engine model number from the engine ID tag?

4m50-6at8

Ok thanks... Check the turbo for problems and intake boost piping for leaks causing a loss of boost pressure and not enough heat for regen... Also check for excessive soot/carbon plugging the EGR system restricting flow. Ill see what else i have for these codes for you in my files as well.

I will do you have any suggestions for checking for boost leaks. if leaks are obviose its not to difficult to find but it gets tricky when there are small boost leaks cause I cant hear them with engine runing

If you can adapt a block off and charge with low regulated air pressure( 30-35 PSI range) to then spray soapy water solution to check for leaks.

P0401

Possible causes

EGR passage clogged

Faulty EGR Vacuum Modulator Valve

Faulty EGR Valve

Faulty EGR solenoid valve

EGR solenoid valve harness is open or shorted

EGR solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection

Dead (Weak) battery

Faulty EGR temperature sensor and circuit

Exhaust gas leaks

After particulate matter (PM) combustion control of diesel particulate filter parked regeneration is started, more than 30 minutes have passed without any measurements by exhaust gas temperature sensor 1 not reaching the temperature required for enabling regeneration of ceramic filter. (Poor ceramic filter temperature control during diesel particulate filter parked re-generation control.) Where this diagnosis code is issued, diagnosis code P1441 is left in the record of past diagnosis codes.

P1441 cont.

System recovers when diesel particulate filter parked regeneration is performed using diesel particulate filter cleaning switch after initializing DPF-related information is completed.Control effected by electronic control unit

Injection quantity is limited.

DPF regeneration control is stopped.InspectionService data0F: Exhaust gas temperature 1Electrical equipment#336: Exhaust gas temperature sensor 1Electric circuit diagram Exhaust gas temperature sensor 1 system Other

Insufficient temperature rise of ceramic filter during diesel particulate filter parked regeneration control

Driving style which hardly subjects the vehicle to heavy loads is used or the vehicle is driven in severe operating conditions

Exhaust shutter

Intake throttle

Injector (Have work performed by Bosch.)

Dirty sensing section of exhaust gas temperature sensor

Deterioration of front oxidation catalyst (incorporated in inlet body)

Poor combustion due to use of incorrect fuel

Poor combustion due to use of incorrect engine oil

Try a parked regen to see if the system will successfully regen without kicking out due to an active fault. If so the system will reset on its own if all repairs are made. In cases where all repairs are confirmed and made but the ECM wont reset, the Diagnostic software will be needed to reset/reflash the ECM and install any software updates.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson