Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

What other scanner tools to check the FMI can be purchased…

What other scanner tools to...
What other scanner tools to check the FMI can be purchased beside the ddlink on the 2012 Freightliner DD15?
1/17/2018
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi Al

I’m Wayne

I will Be assisting you with this issue today

give me a bit to look this up

Hi

OTC has a good one here is the pic click here

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am trying to figure out whether this one works for my truck. I don't see if it does in the description

HI

Thank you for the response

Yes that is for Detroit,Paccar,volvo

Wayne, Journeyman
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I forgot to ask. I know it clears out fault codes but will these scanners also clear the stop engine light?The cold weather gave me aftertreatment issues. Another profesional believes that the def fluid got froze up somewhere in the lines.

HI

sorry for the delay

I had to step out

yes it will clear the warning lights

A 32.5% solution of DEF will begin to crystallize and freeze at 12 deg F (-11 deg C). At 32.5%, both the urea and water will freeze at the same rate, ensuring that as it thaws, the fluid does not become diluted, or over concentrated. The freezing and unthawing of DEF will not cause degradation of the product.

Wayne, Journeyman