Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2006 Hino with JO8E. Blows 115F hot air on pass side vents,

Customer Question
2006 Hino with JO8E...

2006 Hino with JO8E. Blows 115F hot air on pass side vents, floor and defroster. Only getting 75-80F air temp on driver's side vents, floor and defroster.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

5PVNV8JTX72S50424. Don't know the model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Customer drop off this truck. complain no heat. Day shift mechanic clean out evap and heater core. blows air. When engine warm up. heater core hot to touch on inlet and outlet piping. I tried replacing worn foam seals on vents and HVAC module. still blowing mild air on driver's side vents with hot air coming out of pass vents. Even if I close off pass vents, no hot air coming out of any of driver's vents whatever floor, vents and defroster. I even pull heater core out of HVAC module and hook it up to coolant lines above the engine and check to see if it plugged internally. all hot all around heater core.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

We don't have access to any other Hino trucks to compare to good known truck for like how good the blower should blows air out of vents. My foreman says if we order anything Hino related parts only it takes about 2 weeks to get parts. LPM looks original along with blower motor.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/16/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

What is the chassis model of this truck?

338
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Thanks for the info. It will always read cooler the further away from the heater core. The only things that will prevent less heat loss is no restrictions or leaks in the vent piping and confirm the blend doors are sealing. Blower motor speed will also have a contribution to this as well. feel for leaks around the heater vent piping and check the blend doors as well. We can follow up as needed.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

I use foam seals and duct tape to seal the joints at vent ducts. what's weird is the actual HVAC module where the heater core and evap is house inside is hot on pass side and mild on driver side when feeling it by hand in the cab with the dash trims out. Blend door seals looks good. door not binding or stuck. It blows air but I don't think it blowing at full strength. I don't have a different Hino to check how good the blower is.
would a weak blower cause no hot air on driver vents?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the delay. I was just logging out for the night after my last post. If there are no leaks or blend door problems it does point to a blower motor volume issue which could be voltage related for blower speed or a problem with the blower fan itself if the volume of air is weak from the drivers vents.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I see this is still open. Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.