Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Cat 246c battery died - replaced it - engine turns over but…

Customer Question
Cat 246c battery died...

Cat 246c battery died - replaced it - engine turns over but will not fire up - anti theft ? Fusing ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Is there a charge for this service ?

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Heavy Equipment Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

246c no serial # as im at work

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Emptied sediment bowl - was full - removed filter - its practically new - read on line its an electric fuel pump and may need 2 people to repair - 1 in the seat to turn it over the other to hear if electical pump is working or not

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

2010 Cat 246c

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/10/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Loosen fuel bleeder at the injection pump and see if there is fuel coming out when the key is turned on. If it is, the electric fuel pump is working. If there is fuel, check the fuel shutoff solenoid, it has to open the fuel passage in the injection pump for start.