Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I am having a vibration issue with a 2013 freightliner

Customer Question
I am having a...

I am having a vibration issue with a 2013 freightliner cascadia.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Freightliner Cascadia 2013 detroit dd15

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Rreplaced king pins tie rod ends all 6 shocks 3 axle alignement wheel balancing tire swapping just replaced vibration dampner pulley

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/9/2018
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 6 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue

have you have any work done on trans, driveline, or the rear end ??

Drive was inspected. The truck has a vibration while idling just sitting there. running all through the chasis from front bumper to rear including the steering wheel and shifter. When driving it gets worst. When I stop give it fuel there is a clunking sound coming from under the truck like something wants to pop out. Engine mounts are in good condition.

HI

Sorry for the delay, was called out

is this the original Clutch and pressure plate

or was it replaced ??

I don't know if it was replaced. I recently bought it so I havent made any repairs except to regards ***** ***** vibration.
Could it be a clutch issue?
Also when I put the shifter in neutral the truck run very smoothly once I put it back in gear vibration starts.

Morning

Yes the next issue is the pressure plate

I have seen that before cause a vibration

I suggest to replace that and have the flywheel cut and balanced

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I'm going to look into that and see

Hi Thank you for the response

You are welcome

Please remember to rate my answer5-stars

so I get the credit for the question

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

so I get the credit for the question

Its working on getting the transmission down. I will let you know how it go

Hi

OK, Thank you

HI

did you get the trans pulled Yet ??

HI

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??