Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have an older tripac apu 2013. It will run a couple of…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older tripac apu 2013. It will run a couple of minutes then quit. I have to shut off switch in engine compartment and turn back on also pull 50 amp fuse and put it back in. Then it will start and run a couple more minutes and quit.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I don't have it handy right now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/8/2018
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 6 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

I worked at and on TK for 34+ years

what codes are you getting ??

No codes. Goes blank until I reset

Thank you for the response

go to the board and check wires #2 and 8 wire

see if they lose power when this shuts down

Where are these wires?

HI

in the unit on the Printed circuit board (PC)

what result am I looking for?

Hi

You want to see if they are losing voltage

Hi

Also, does this happen in heating or cooling cycle

has espar heat. I am 2 miles away from the truck right now. can you give me any more to look at?
Both

Hi

OK, so cuts out on heat if the 2 wire lose power, then

to check all the connections on the board Wies 8,8d 20,2,2a

if they don't lose power

you need to check the start run relay

relay will be in fuse box under bunk right? I think there are three of them

Hi

No, relay is on the board

let me send you a Pic hold on

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help You ??

Morning

I took the time to respond to you

Please take the time to respond to me

Hi

I will mark your account as a non-payer

for future questions