Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2011 Hino 238, starter cranks when brake pedal pushed, turn…

Customer Question
2011 Hino 238, starter cranks...
2011 Hino 238, starter cranks when brake pedal pushed, turn signals on, or hazard switch on. Also, low coolant warning always on and air brake error on when park brake off.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5PVNJ8JN9B4S50599
Requesting relay diagram for cab fuse box and wiring schematic for signals and starter.
1/8/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Take a very close look at all your grounds and the Wiring harness and connector pins between the steering column and the fuse panel for burnt, shorted, or damaged wiring and connector pins. Also test the IGN switch for power in and out in all positions to see if the contacts inside are shorted.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Test all your fuses and relays and be sure your battery tests good as well.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

All looks good. It will still crank with the ignition switch unplugged. It's only the right signal too. Anytime that right signal has power it pulses the starter with the light.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Thanks for the update. So is it normal otherwise if the signal switch is disconnected? Check the wiring harness for a short. sounds like there is a short in the wiring harness

Are you able to get schematics? It would help if I knew where the wires routed and colors etc.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

What is the engine model in this truck? I have some diagrams but will have to see if i have the ones you need... Pre 2013 is more in the archives and some of that you can request from the Hino site. Let me know

J08E is the engine. This seems to be more on the chassis side.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Im going to opt out to open this up for others to chime in in case they might have quicker access to your diagrams.