Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

No fuel gwrrinf to the fuel filer cummins isx. Friefhtliner…

Customer Question
No fuel gwrrinf to...

No fuel gwrrinf to the fuel filer cummins isx

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Friefhtliner argisy 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

I canr hear rhw primer pump when i turn on thw ignition im looking for a fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

Cant hear the primer pump

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/8/2018
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 1 month ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Have you checked for power going to the pump itself? It feeds from the ECM and if you have power going to the pump, then the pump is bad.

Fuse is in the fuse box. If I recall on the Argosy (very few of them left in the states) it is under the dash cover on the right side.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5 star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cant find a fusw with what i would expect as the kabke can you help with what it may be labled as please

It will be labeled with white letters as fuel.

I am looking at the diagram for your vehicle and I am not showing a fuse for it. The pump feeds straight from the ECM. I would go to the pump and check the wire there and if there is no power there, then the wire needs to be checked at the ECM. If no power at the ECM, you either have a ignition fuse blown with no power from ignition to ECM telling the ECM to turn the power on or there is another issue going on.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
K rhis is going to sou d stupid but what am i looking for and location

The fuel pump is monuted on the frame, driver side. Follow the line from the left side of the engine at the eCM, then you will see the filter housng. Keep following and you will run into a box with a plug. That is your fuel pump. unplug that wire and put a volt meter there. Jump the wires if you want. Turn the key on and the meter will light up with the voltage. When it does, you know the pump is bad.

Those pumps do burn out and will do so out of nowhere. Happens a lot.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great stuck at the fuel pump in a servo and cant move
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did tou have any luck identifying what fuse i should be looking for?

I already gave you the information. It is fed direct from the ECM.

There is not much else I can do for you on this so I will opt out.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hmmm ok
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help if you still need help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. did you still need some help with this?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago

Hi just checking in to see if you still needed help? If so let me know.... First test voltage to the pump at key on. There should be voltage there for a short time and then the ECM cuts it out. If there is and its not working the pump is bad as was mentioned... Otherwise the ECM is not commanding it on and could be ECM software related or a wiring issue.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 26 days ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I see this is still open. Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson