Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2014 International bus and I am having some

Customer Question
starting issues. It has...
I have a 2014 International bus and I am having some starting issues. It has 20 or so codes and I was wondering if anyone would be able to provide me with a master list of all the spn’s for international? I was hoping for not just the gen***** *****st but also the specific international mfr codes in the 520xxx’s. Etc.
I have around 50 trucks to look after, all different mfrs. But need to start with Intnl. To get this bus running. I know the list will be long, but I’m fine with that. I am hoping to fix this bus but would like the list for future reference.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/8/2018
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi Steve

I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issues today

Nobody on this site is going to supply that to you

it would be over 200 pages or more

do you want to give the code for the no start vehicle ??

That is the main thing I wanted with the question. I knew it would be long. The bus does start and runs fine. I just wanted to have the list so I don’t have to wait so long to diagnose it. Do you recommend a program for scanning heavy trucks that will give me spn’s for all manufacturer specific codes?
The codes on this bus are as follows: will give you the spn followed by the fmi:
520757. 5
520759. 5
520760. 5
520761. 5
520767. 5
520814. 5
520905. 13
520469. 19
520471. 19
520479. 6
520487. 19
520755. 5
2015. 9
2003. 9
1552. 2
2000. 19
2504. 3
2819. 5
3985. 9:

HI

Thank you for the response

Are these DT engines or Cummins or Powerstroke ??

It’s a maxxforce 7. I thought you could get that info from the vin.
Sorry.
Anyhow, it is starting, it is just having a hard time cold starting but runs great once it finds its idle. It sounds like it’s barely getting fuel and/or has a big miss which won’t allow it to run smoothly or shuts down, then between4-10 seconds it will come to life rev up to 1200 and settle back down at 7-800rpm & be good forthwith.I figured it may be gelling fuel or plugged fuel filters, but I have cycled the tank twice and changed the two motor mounted fuel filters.

Morning

Yes the filters would be a gell issue

use an additive called 911

click here for the software to get codes

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I don’t understand? My questions have not been answered. I gave you all the codes so that you could tell me what they were, not direct me to the nearest dealer to spend $1000’s of more dollars to decode them!
AND I have been charged for the question without approving anything!
What a joke! $91 to be given a link to the dealer!!!!!!!
Are you kidding me!
You said no one will give me an answer to my first question on this site so we moved to trying to diagnose my bus, which is why u asked for the codes. You tell me it’s something that I already mentioned and told me to put additive in it (which I already have) and I told u it’s still doing the same thing. Your response is to give me a link to my dealer. NOW you have the gall to ask for 5 stars AND take my money. .....WOW

HI

Slow down, get a grip on your self

I tried to explain nobody is going to give you a 200 plus page of codes, for $22.02

then you asked You just wanted it for future, CORRECT

then you asked what program you should buy, to retrieve these codes

and I TOLD YOU THE NAVISTAR PROGRAM

Here is your Quote

"" Do you recommend a program for scanning heavy trucks that will give me spn’s for all manufacturer specific codes?""

why are you getting angry with me ??

I gave you what you wanted ????

I know you are going to rate me a poor service

but I did answer your question

I’ve got a very good grip on myself, my problem is, so do you, but on my wallet. As a customer I am paying $91, not $22.02, so it’s a bit frustrating to get charged for your responses.
you told me that my first question can not be answered, so you asked me for the codes for my bus, so you could give me what they all were. THAT would have been my question. And I assumed you were doing that because you asked for the codes. So, I agreed and gave you the codes. That is what I was waiting for. That ultimately was my question after my first one was denied. Now I have paid extra for a speedy response and it’s been not speedy to get NO answer.
My question about a programmer was in passing, and I hope you don’t honestly think someone would be that stupid to pay $91 to have someone say basically ‘just go to your dealer.’!!
Regardless I am NOT spending $1000+ for this bus on NED, and I need these codes defined so I can fix this bus. So are you going to help me diagnose this bus and get these codes defined or not? I am running out of time now, so let me know.

HI

Once again,

The question value is as follows

this is copy and paste from top of the screen

Steve has 1 open request.

Value:

$22.72

Category:

Medium and Heavy Trucks

/ Heavy Equipment

|

Status:

Waiting For Expert

Request NCR | Close | Remove | Opt Out

I have no clue where you are getting this

"What a joke! $91 to be given a link to the dealer!!!!!!!"

$22.02 is what I get paid

I can and will look up these codes if you like

That would be great if you could decode them for me. I need to get this bus figured out. That way I don’t have to give negative feedback or wait to find someone else to look them up for me.
As for the $91, that is what justanswer charges ME for this question. So they take $68!! Now that’s a joke! That should be the other way around & you get the $68!

Morning Steve

I will start to look these up shortly

also another expert told me to pass this on to you

With him having various fleets, have him look into DTC Solutions. Get the version 1.1 on eBay, then the $99 upgrade from Diesel Laptops. He'll have codes and diagnostics

Hi Steve

I am not finding any of these codes

need the whole number of the code

ECU FMI PID SID

I will opt out and maybe another can help

Sorry

Wow, that’s a great way to resurrect the confidence in a customer! Thank you for wasting my time and putting me in an extremely difficult position, having less than 24 hours now to fix this bus.
You said you ‘can and will look up these codes’ but u didn’t give me a chance to give you the rest of the numbers, but bail before u have to spend time giving me actual answers, apart from DTC solutions which doesn’t help at this point. This has been horrible service and a huge waste of time! I will be NOT recommending this website to anyone and will express my negative experience on a few chat groups I’m in.
Wayne, Journeyman