Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

My truck Not shifting into the high gears. The top plate on…

Customer Question
My truck Not shifting...

My truck Not shifting into the high gears

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

The top plate on the transmission was broken so I replaced it thinking that was the problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/7/2018
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

what transmission do you have ??

Marteller transmission 2001 Freightliner fld n14 engine

Hi

Thank you for the response

I myself can not do calls, also there is an extra charge for call from JA

when you switch it from low to high, do you hear the air shift ??

No I don’t hear air

HI

So no air sound or shift clunk noise ??

No

Thank you for that

then your issue is the shift piston for the syrnco o-rings

are worn or torn you do not need to pull the trans for this

just on the back of the trans there is a cover it will have 3 or 4 bolt cover

remove that and get a rebuild kit for that

some kits are just o-rings other is o-rings and new piston

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??

Please remember to rate my answer 5-stars

so I get the credit for the question

Wayn