Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Have a hino195h 2014. Won’t start. Not a battery issue. Has…

Customer Question
Have a hino195h 2014...

Have a hino195h 2014. Won’t start. Not a battery issue. Has fuel. Just won’t turn over.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2014 hino 195h

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Originally ran out of fuel, added 5 gallons. Lights and power come on. Just won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/7/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. Is this a crank no start or no crank no start? No crank no start test the small S terminal at the starter solenoid for power with the IGN in the cranking position. If there power and good batteries and cable connections including grounds it points to a faulty starter. If no power there, trace and test back to the IGN switch for power in and out as well as all fuses and relays. If crank no start test power to the fuel shut off and verify the fuel supply pressure is good and no leaks , air, or restrictions. Please post the full engine model from the ID tag if we need to dig deeper into this. We can follow up as needed on here.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I see this is still open. Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.