Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

The primary air gauage is showing empty but the air tank is…

Customer Question
The primary air gauage...

The primary air gauage is showing empty but the air tank is full my cruise and high idle dont work they have tried putting in air pressure sensor and brake sensor in the dash and its still not working and my brake lights are stuck on

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

2015 kw w900l

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/6/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

If the air pressure is good and the sensor and wiring harness test good, the problem is likely software related as this truck is multiplexed electrical. All switches and sensors run through the electronic modules.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Have you tried a battery disconnect and reset? Try disconnecting the batteries if all checks out good and when disconnected tough the main + and - together to remove any residual power then reconnect to the batteries. If unsuccessful the Paccar software will need to be connected and posible software programming and updating will be needed.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

The CECU commands multiple chassis nodes for the air system, etc.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

I have a multiplexed troubleshooting manual if interested I will send over the offer.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Let me know. We can follow up as needed on here.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. If interested in the manual there needs to be at least two replies from you on here before the site allows me to post it.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?