Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2009 Freightliner with Series 60 (EPA07). Code for High Soot…

Customer Question
2009 Freightliner with Series 60...
2009 Freightliner with Series 60 (EPA07). Code for High Soot level (zone 5). DOC inlet temp doesn't go past 495 degrees. DOC stops around 515 and DPF temp is at 495. Checked for exhaust leaks = none found. Inspected ITV operation = works fine. I checked the parameters with a similar truck = both are the same. Pulled DOC off and checked for plugging - blew out carbon with compressed air (catalyst looks fine from the back side). Can't perform a cylinder cut out test due to it being in a Zone 5 state. I really need help.- Scott
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/5/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Please post the full fault code numbers with SPN and FMI numbers

SPN 3719 FMI 0 ---- Soot Level Very High (active)
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

no other codes? If not try a parked regen

SPN 3719 FMI 0 ---- Soot Level Very High

Check as follows:
1. Connect DiagnosticLink™.
2. Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
3. Check for multiple codes. Are any ACM fault codes also present?
a. Yes; troubleshoot the other faults first.
b. No; Go to step 4.
4. Check for proper configuration of the CPC against the server information. Does the CPC have the proper
configuration?
a. Yes; replace the CPC. Refer to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) literature.
b. No; reprogram the CPC with the correct the information as necessary. Go to step 5. to verify repair.
5. Clear fault codes. Turn ignition OFF and disconnect DiagnosticLink. Wait five minutes for all modules to power down.
Verify repair.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

I replaced the CPC with one from another truck (same year and engine). Still can't get the DOC inlet temps high enough.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Check for leaks in the intake/boost piping and CAC and for a turbo or actuator problem. Any other faults logging in the ECM?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I see this is still open. Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson