Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2012 freightliner cascadia. Washer fluid is not spraying…

Customer Question
2012 freightliner cascadia. Washer...

2012 freightliner cascadia. Washer fluid is not spraying out. Wipers work. What could be the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Freightliner Cascadia 2012. Cummins engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just put more washer fluid in the reservoir. Still nothing is coming out. Trying to fix myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can hear the humming when I push the wiper button

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/5/2018
Technician: cumminsdr, Mechanic replied 4 months ago
cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
normally this is causes by a restriction in the main pump to washer sprayer line. follow the lines from the spray unit back and you will see a T fitting connecting the main line from the pump to the T remove the lower main line and check operation.fi fluid comes out then the issue is in the T fitting. if not remove the main line from the pump itself. if no fluid and the pump or fluid is not frozen suspect the washer fluid pump has failed. if fluid is coming from pump check main line for restriction. please take a moment to Rate/Accept my service.

Hi , Just following up to see how everything went. Please Take a moment to Rate/Accept my service

cumminsdr
cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic