Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

My o6 assert was just recentlybumped up to 625 ran great for…

Customer Question
My o6 assert was...

My o6 assert was just recentlybumped up to 625 ran great for week or so now fell on its face again won't pull more than 20 pounds of boost any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Msx47198 c15 assert in a 06 pete

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

The actors have been deleted

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/4/2018
Technician: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 1 month ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Does the yellow check engine light come on when driving?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
once and flashed a 385-1
That’s a low intake valve actuation oil pressure code. When this is active the engine will derate.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It pulled hard for a week then upper turbo bolts loosened up and blew was just gasket I replaced all
I see.Thanks for the information.I would suspect 1 of 2 things are causing your problem.The first is low fuel pressure. If there is a low fuel pressure problem, the check engine light will not come on and the engine will have low power. Your engine should maintain a fuel pressure between 75 and 90 psi. There is a plug beside of the secondary fuel filter that is used to check the pressure. If it is low, I would first try the fuel filters if you haven’t already. If it is still low, you may have a failed fuel pressure regulator, which is located underneath the bottom of the filter housing. I have replaced a ton of these for low fuel pressure. It is kinda a known problem. You could also have a weak fuel transfer pump or restricted hand primer pump, if your engine has one.Second I would suspect you have a low boost condition. This can be caused by a leak in the air piping or air to air aftercooler on the truck. I would first inspect all of the piping to see if there is a hole in any of the rubber boots that hold the pipes. From there you may want to cap off one side of the air to air cooler, and pressurize it. They have been known to crack and leak and cause low boost.Please let me know if you need more help or have more questions.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.
Cat Man
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert