Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

We have a cf500 VT275 2006 International Harvester cab over…

Customer Question
We have a cf500...

We have a cf500 VT275 2006 International Harvester cab over box truck that wont start after the engine gets hot. we have to let it cool down again to get it to start. Runs great otherwise.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

0k

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Getting ready to provide you with the work provided by our local independent shop standby. is there an email or fax you a copy of our latest reciept?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, Is there an email or fax you a copy of our latest reciept?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/3/2018
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 1 month ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

The only way we can see the work is by attaching it with the paper clip feature. You don't want to have any of your personal info on it for the questions get blasted on the internet later so I wouldn't advise doing that.

You gave a good telling signs of the issue you have going on and that is the engine will not allow a restart when hot. That tells me there is a seal leak on the oil rail for the injectors somewhere. It can be one of the injectors itself (the seal, not the injector hardware) or one of the oil rail seals.

Have you had seals done on this engine before and if so, when was the last time they were done? The seals leaking (they are actually o-rings) is a very common issue with this engine.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Do you need more time to resolve the issue?

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician