Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Nothing I just had a question about a aluminum plate that…

Customer Question
Nothing I just had...

Nothing I just had a question about a aluminum plate that was on my 52 Chevy truck. It has The factory specs but I am unable to figure out what its called?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '52 Chevy?

Its a 1952 Chevrolet 4100 steak and platform truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yeah doing an engine swap but I was just wondering if you would know what this alluminum tag is called. it says NOMENCLATURE TRUCK Stake and Plate form 1 1/2 ton 4x2 Make and model 6408 MPRS serial number Vehicle Weight unloaded 6075 lbs Payload maximum 9750 lbs Cross weight maximum 16,000 lbs Date of Delivery 8-1953 Contract DA-20-113-ORD-689FS Federal Stock NO. U.S Property. and It was screwed on the dash.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

As far as I know when I got it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes add Where would the best and Cheapest way to find parts for it although the answer is going end up salvage yard

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/3/2018
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 6 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

Where is the plate mounted

floorboard, running board, bed

Oddly enough the dash. Although it once was a air force truck

Hi Thank you for the response

that is called dash faceplate

if you have the old one you can take it to a fabricator to get the new one made

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you have a nice day

HI

Are we done ??

Actually no I looked at my account and I was charged $31 for one question and I am concerned. The question was supposed to be $5. I would like the $26 back from that.

HI

That you need to take up with customer service

$5.00 is a deposit, then when an expert answers you

they charge the balance, but you don't pay unless you give a 4 or more star rating

I am a user on JA just like you , a sub contractor working from home