Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a hi300 air heater that won't fire. I checked and…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a hi300 air heater that won't fire. I checked and cleaned the entire fuel system including replacing the fuel pump. It has good spark at the igniter. The fan kicks in and runs until it times out. I'm not sure what I should check next. Suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Heater HI300 HD d

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

S/n 20041011

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/2/2018
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 6 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I see you asked for a second opinion on this. I can't see the original question since I grabbed this so I will ask for a few things to see if they were checked.

Did you check the safety switch on this already? This is the time of year they go bad. You already mentioned you changed the pump so I am presuming it primed and is ready to flow fuel. Air can cause issues, but it will time out if no fuel before you get spark. Start at the witch first and see if it faulted on you and get back?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Do you need more time to resolve the issue?