Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Primary air tank no air Freightliner Columbia. Freightliner…

Customer Question
Second opinion] helloJA: Hi. How...
Second opinion] helloJA: Hi. How can I help?Customer: primary air tank no air Freightliner ColumbiaJA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?Customer: Freightliner Columbia last 6 vin is x78386JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: yesJA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: air compressor and complete air dryer replace 2 months secondary air tank fill up but not primary air dryer is mounted on deriver side air tank
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/2/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help if you still need help. Let me know if you got this resolved or still need help. I will be logged in between jobs as time allows. We can follow up as needed.

still puzzles I trying to figure if I should change the entire tank or the bendix ad is air dryer I purchase 2 months ago
I have 2 tanks one on the driver side the other on the passenger the one on the driver side has the ad is air dryer mounted on it the tank on the passenger side fail up good but the one on the driver side doesn't fail no pressure in air tank here are some pictures ...the bendix ad is air dryer goes directly on this tank it line up with the ports
the tank on the passenger filled up normal I meant to type
the one on the driver side does not fill up
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Thanks for the update. Bypass the air drier with a union to connect the lines for test purposes and also check the fittings/check valve going into the tank for restrictions and see if you might have water or ice in the system that has froze causing a restiction. You will need to disconnect the lines and fittings and look for restrictions. Let me know

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

We can follow up as needed. Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

I cannot hook up to air dryer because there is no check valve on the tank where the air dryer hook mounted the air dryer goes directly on this ar tanks not connected with no air lines
thats why I send you pictures of air dryer and air tank set up I assuming my check valve for his ad is setup air dryer is in side the tank
I meant to say air tank because there is no check mounted on external check valve for me to bypass air and hook compressor in directly on it
according to the dealing this set up where the air dryer is mount on tank is call primary number 2 .....the 2 port you see on the air tank and the 2 port on the air dryer line up together so how can I bypass air dryer to do this testing
according to Freightliner dealer
also no water nor ice in the system I took the tank out already
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Thanks for the update. Do you have the air dryer model/ cartridge number off the element, etc by chance?

it was the tank I replaced it problem fix the first technician told me to do that I did it it correct the problem
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Thanks for the update. Glad you got this resolved.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson