Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have a 2007 freightliner with a turn signal problem can you…

Customer Question
Have a 2007 freightliner...

Have a 2007 freightliner with a turn signal problem can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Its a 120 Columbia 1FUJA6CK77DX40237

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Turn signal flasher changed turn signal switch in the steering column has been changed, new side marker lights, and new headlight assembly on the right hand passenger side. when you turn on the drivers side turn signal it works all correctly when you switch to the passenger side turn signal it acts as if the flashers are on and lighting both sides of the trucks turn signals, no led lighting is installed on this either so no resistor is needed I believe

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

The instrument dash light for the turn signal arrow is not working on the drivers side the passenger side arrow in the dash is. also the blower motor is out in this dash

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just changed the light bulb in the instrument cluster for the turn signal to complete the circuit but did not work. the light bulb flashes on and off as if to make the turn signal but you cannot hear the turn signal flasher engage in the dash fuse board. when you turn the signal to the passenger side you can hear the turn signal flasher in the fuse panel. And the turn signals on both sides flash when you turn on either side to signal. not sure what is going on.
12/31/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago

Is this both tractor and trailer having the same problems?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No just the truck. Just checked it again and the turn signal works properly when the signal is put to the driver side but when you put it to the passenger side both th signal lights on both sides start blinking
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago

Thanks for the update. That points to a wiring harness or bulb issue, possible poor ground. What happens is the circuit tries grounding elsewhere and it effects the other side. Thoroughly inspect the wiring harness and connector pins for damage or corrosion, open circuits, etc and check the bulbs themselves for problems or poor corroded connections. Let me know. We can follow up as needed. Check the fuses and relays as well.. Most likely if the switch is new the problem will be found in the wiring between the firewall and kight assemblies or at the tail lights.Be sure the trailer receptacle tests okay as well.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Checked all fuses and all are good. Bulbs are new. Seems like a grounding issue I think also. Is the circuitry grounded at the fuse panel to firewall? Or where are these lights grounded? It’s odd also that when I turn on the drivers side all works normal and I have only one hot wire going, but when I switch to the passenger side I get two hot wires. Seem odd to you?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago

Thanks for the update. What is the voltage for the two hot wires a full 12 volts or is one less than 12? I have family visiting shortly for New years so I just want to give a heads up if there are delays between posts.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 27 days ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson