Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

My 2010 International with Maxxforce DT chokes and stalls…

Customer Question
My 2010 International with Maxxforce...
My 2010 International with Maxxforce DT chokes and stalls after 20-30 miles at highway speed. Shut off for a while and it will run again about same distance then same problem. It won't do a parked regen, and there is a yellow light with exhaust logo and an exclamation point.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/29/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. What did you have logged in history for fault codes?

I believe the first time the mechanic said there weren't any. This time I'm not sure, haven't spoken to mechanic.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

If the engine light is on it indicates a fault is logged and the Regen warning means excessive soot in the DPF requiring regen. If regen wont complete, there will be a fault code as to the problem circuit why it will not do a parked regen.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Its not an engine light to my knowledge. There's a separate light for for regen on a different part of the console.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Yes there is a separate regen light indicating regen is needed and soot level is high. Try regen and if it wont complete there should be a code thrown as to what circuit has a problem preventing it. If not, try reflashing/resetting the computer software and see if the system resets itself. Let me know

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

The separate light with the soot level indicator on it has never come on. The computer was reset last time in shop. It would not regen before or after reset.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

If they are using Diamond logic software and reprogrammed the ECM/ACM to reset back to factory settings and installed any software updates, it doesnt make any sense that a regen will not start and that there would not be any codes on a failed regen unless the ECM is no good or the shop is not using the international diagnostic software which it sounds like you are saying they are and have dealer level access if they are reflashing ECM sofware.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Im logging out for the night as it is almost midnight here EST. We can follow up as needed on here.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Ok. I will speak with shop and get more info. See if they got any codes.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Pleasure to help.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson