Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Where is the coolant hot water heater on a 3406E engine, cat…

Customer Question
Where is the coolant...

Where is the coolant hot water heater on a 3406E engine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Cat ImM00765 958048

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes am fixing it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Am wondering where the actual block heater is my cord seems to have shorted out I;ve bought new short cords to replace original expensive harness I've installed a circulating heater one end at the end of the regulator housing and other end at back of oil cooler but it does not seem to circulate

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/27/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is ***** ***** heater should be installed at a low point in the cooling system for best performance as heat rises and will transfer but they do not circulate as you would suspect. The in block style mounts into the side of the block usually on the exhaust side of the engine.C15
C16
3406C
3406E
3456
CATV-151 CATV-152 1500 Replaces 1” threaded plug on the oil cooler bonnet on right side of engine.
Let me know if you need more help.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I see this is still open. Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Wish you and yours a great holidays. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.