Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

My 1998 ambulance lost all power to the box along with

Customer Question
My 1998 ambulance lost...

My 1998 ambulance lost all power to the box along with lighting system, bought it used, named it the ghost when it would have it's lights charge on with no one around, put it back in line then while returning a patient home had the power to the emergency lights aswell as the box fail

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Constant... has not power'ed up since...there is a power switch beside the driver's seat but it was not wired into the starting, dash,lights, wiper's. There is No emergency Lights, wig wags,sirens, radio's, ac unit to the back, lighting in the box, in or out side?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ghost?

1998

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ghost yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not I, but... the boys tried to check for power , I do good to try to understand what that fellow with a gas can means on my car( low fuel) but give excellant instructions.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How could the

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/27/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What is the chassis make and model and also the ambulance body make and model from the installer? First test all fuses for power on both sides with a volt meter or test light with the key/ignition power on. Any with power only on one side are bad. You probe the two metal terminals on the top of each fuse. Checl all relays by swapping one at a time with a known good one. If that all tests okay, thoroughly inspect all wiring and connector pins for corrosion and damage as well as all grounds. Test power to the switches for these accessories and if none go back to the fuses and test. Look for any inline fuses from the installter that might have failed. Let me know.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I see this is still open. Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Wish you and yours a great holidays. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi Audrey, Did you get this resolved? Please rate or accept to close.