Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Engine coolant temperature keeps showing cold aftr machine…

Customer Question
Engine coolant temperature keeps...

Engine coolant temperature keeps showing cold aftr machine has been running for hours, what can the problem be?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Lx665

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/23/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 6 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

Merry Christmas

what you are describing is the coolant sensor has failed

I suggest you replace that sensor

it is located on the head or near the thermostat housing

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5- star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know