Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Just put a cat motor in my classic and trying to find a

Customer Question
Just put a cat...

Just put a cat motor in my classic and trying to find a diagram for the new wiring harness for the ecm

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

99 classic freightliner 3406e caterpillar

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yea..i had to switch the detroit ecm wiring harness for the cat ecm wiring harness and it with start but it wont throttle up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have switched the 60 series detroit engine to a 3406e engine and i can get it to start but cant get it to throttle up

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/22/2017
Technician: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 2 months ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Did you change the throttle position sensor? Or are you using the same one that was for the Detroit?
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson