Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a 3. 2005 international 4300. AC light is on. Fault…

Customer Question
2005 international 4300...

2005 international 4300 . AC light is on. Fault code 613_ 14a 1:5. Blower motor replaced weeks ago. When ac light goes off all of the heater controls work but when ac light on none of them work.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/22/2017
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 2 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

613_14a 1:5 This codes is logged due to an open circuit, short to ground or short to voltage on digital diagnostic line between HVAC control head and ESC. ESC prevents A/C compressor operation. With this code, check the back of the control head. I tend to find one of the wires burnt or the fan switch inop. Usually with this code, the control head malfunctions. I would work on this last, just in case one of the other A/C codes is causing this issue. Another spot to check is on the firewall, where the ESC is, the bottom plugs on the inside and the outside are the A/C plugs. Verify both are plugged in good and tight with no corrosion, inside the vehicle is the concern.

The blower motor isn't the issue, but you could have tugged on one of the plugs or left one unplugged when doing the repair. Check the plugs around the blower motor.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 1 month ago

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Do you need more time to resolve the issue?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have checked both the inside and outside connections at the esc. No signs of corrosion and they are tight. Also pulled iut the control head and unplugged it to look at the connector. No signs of corrosion or burned wires. The fan is blowing at low speed but none of the controls respond correctly. While driving recently the ac light went off for a short timeand all the controls worked properly. Unfortunately the ac light came back on.

Do you have the program Diamond Logic builder by chance with a connector? If so, connect it up, then when the modules load, on the left you will see the control head. Click on it and you will get a list of functions. Look at the one for the voltages and select it. While on that screen, wiggle the wires on the inside of the cab at the ESC to see when it drops out, then do the same on the control head. If the voltages don't how a sudden drop, replace the control head (the thermostat box aka control knobs) for it will be the cause. Otherwise, reseat the pin at the plug tht has the voltage dropping off.

It is a digital voltage line so a multimeter won't pick up the loose connection like the program will.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sadly I dont have diamond logic.

The next option would be then to try a control module (switches on the dash that change the temps) and see if the issue goes away. If there is a tester available. Maybe your local International can help with that? I know mine has a test unit and we just leave a deposit with a promise to buy the part if that is the issue. I also understand that all shops are not as friendly, too.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will try that.

Let me know what luck you have?

Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 22 days ago

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician