Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Can I have headlights schematic for a Peterbilt 2011 model?

Customer Question
Hello can I have headlights...
Hello can I have headlights schematic for a Peterbilt 2011 model?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 6 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What model do you have?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I've a Peterbilt with headlights issue it's giving me 8.85v when the lights are off

I got that, but what model so I can see if this is fed from the lighting module or direct?

2011 Vin 1xp-xd49x-8-cd139900

That system is fed from the module.

The voltage is coming from a crosses wire at a rub through or the DRL is sending the voltage and all the time, it was shorted out. I'll load the full wiring diagram so you can check the system for wiring issues, but you may need to test the module with the Paccar software to determine if the module is actually sending out DRL voltage and if so, test to see if the DRL circuit in the module is bad.

CLICK HERE for the diagram sheets for that vehicle.

************** Canada

I can't call due to being in loud shop. I will opt out for someone that can call you.

Did you get the message then
Can you send it to my email I can't open it on the phone
Hello did you send the schematic on my email?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** me a moment to see what I can pull up for your diagrams

Ok cool
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

What model chassis is this? 379, 387, etc?

It's a 389
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Okay this is multiplexed and runs through a CECU controller that is programmed for the lights etc so there are switch inputs and then outputs to the lights. No longer just switches and relays.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

I can help with the CECU multiplexed manual/diagrams as a premium service. and then we will still be able to follow up here as my time allows in between jobs etc for follow ups

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

If you have voltage there, test the outputs from the CECU and inputs as if the input switch is not commanding them to be on but they are and there is output voltage from the CECU pin for the lights it is a problem with programming or a faulty CECU

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

It is not allowing me to offer premium service for some reason...

I still can't access the your schematic
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

That was the previous professional that posted the link. That professional left the conversation. We arent employees of the site. Im a user of the site like yourself.