Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Plug keeps coming off ignition switch very dificult with all…

Customer Question
Plug keeps coming off...

Plug keeps coming off ignition switch very dificult with all the air lines toeven see it

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the car been stalling out?

Truck yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Ltl9000 1986

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just pressing plug back in with fingers

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How do i fix the problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/21/2017
Technician: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check to see if the plug is worn needing to be replaced as well as any components in the way keeping it from installing all of the ways.These are the most common causes.If this is or was checked and found o.k. let me know here so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

dont need to be told to replace the but how do you get in there to replace itwith allthoes air lines in the way
Technician: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 6 months ago

I apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately, my info is limited to this model here so I don't have the info you need on this.Let me open your question up to others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi Tom, My name is***** will be glad to help. If the connector is worn out and terminals fit loose ether replace the plug and terminals or first using a mini screwdriver or o ring pick try to bend the terminals slightly so they will fit snug once again. Careful not to go too much. The only way to help access the switch is by removing the mounting bulkhead nut and the dash panel access screws for better access and pulling the switch out of the dash completely to work on it. Unfortunately it is a bit tight on these. I had a customer with a small fleet of these. Let me know if you need more help. We can follow up as needed.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits mytime helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 starand bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I see this is still open. Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Wish you and yours a great holidays. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.