Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Is it ok to drive bpv light on. Kw T660 pax car engine. I am…

Customer Question
Is it ok to...

Is it ok to drive bpv light on

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Kw T660 pax car engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am trying to put the egr sencor and replace it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
I have bpv diag slam data cord I checked my egr there is no leak I think it is my sensor , so if I want to replace it my slef is it needed to reprogram it or it is just plug the new one and go. And finally if drive with light on can it cause power lost thank you
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/19/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

spray the sensor with soapy water solution see if it leaks

or if it just failed, yes replace BPV no you don't need to

program sensor, you can drive it maybe 1-2K miles but that is it

I hope this helps you

Have a Merry Christmas

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5- star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??

Merry Christmas

Morning

I took the time to answer your question

Please take the time to reply to me

No it was not enough I need more explanation the answer you gave was already there I was looking for in detail
Wayne, Journeyman