Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a six engine. I’m getting a 482 code. Low fuel

Customer Question
pressure. I thought I had...
I have a six engine. I’m getting a 482 code. Low fuel pressure. I thought I had it narrowed down when we unhooked one of the centre accusators I instantly got my pressure back. So we swapped from
The front bank to the back bank and things changed with that being done. We figured it had to be the metering accuator. So I replaced it. Also the accuator that we were unplugging. Looking at the engine I renewed the metering valve on the left and one of the innner accuators. Also the high and low pressure valves. And the electric fuel shut off. It’s like it takes getting to my third load where you might go 300 yards or go right to the beachbefore the pressure drops right off. Then I shut it offr let it recycle and away I go for or till it decelerates. I’m at a loss as to where to go now.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/19/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc each day.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 7 months ago

Click on this link and run through these tests. Let me know the results. Verify the supply has no leaks or restrictions as well.

Troubleshooting

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Wish you and yours a great holidays. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.

We got things figured out. It was at the end of a expensive journey a injector causing the problem.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

thanks for the update. Please take a moment to rate 5 stars or accept to close this out. Wish you and yours a Safe and Happy New Years!

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago

Glad you got this resolved.I see this is still open with no response from you. I am trying to close out my open questions and get them resolved. Im not an employee of the site and my time is valuable as is yours. The site only credits me a portion of the question value on accepted answers and positive feedback. I see neither has happened here. I took the time to post and research this information for you. Could you do the same for me?Take the time to either post a response with a status or leave a rating if your problem is resolved? It's been a pleasure to help.