Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

1999 international 2574 cummins motor has engine warning…

Customer Question
1999 international 2574 cummins motor...
1999 international 2574 cummins motor has engine warning light on with no codes and it is in lope mode
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/18/2017
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 5 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What are you using to pull the code?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

snap on h/d computer

That may be why. Insite pulls up all the codes and the Snap On may not be seeing them.

Which limp mode are you in? The full power cut or the accelerator press odes no rev of the engine cut?

only rev up a little bit
Technician: Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician replied 5 months ago
Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience: International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
Hi there my name is***** we start with the last 8 of the VIN number please?
yh224628
Have we tried a new fuel pedal ?
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson