Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a Takeuchi TL130 serl # 21302004 it would not move…

Customer Question
I have a Takeuchi...

I have a Takeuchi TL130 serl # 21302004 it would not move either drive or up down. I replaced the gauge cluster thinking that was the problem it still won't move it starts good. This problem happened before and I cleaned the control board and it started to work again that is why I thought it was the cluster board. Can you give me a place to look.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model TL 130 serial # 21302004, 49.2 KW

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that I have had this problem for about 3 years and the hydraulic problem started getting more regular about 3 months ago the day it stopped and would not move again even with cleaning of the P,C board it happened I shook the gage cluster and it started to move the stopped a few minuts later this time I loaded it on the trailer and took it to my shop unloaded it turned it around in the yard and it stopped again and would not move again. Because it seemed to be the gage cluster that was the problem I ordered a new one from Takeuchi and installed it. I started it up an tried to move it and no luck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

That would be great we had a cat 5 hurricane here in St Croix US Virgin Island in September and I need my skid steer working

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/17/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc each day.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago

Test continuity with an OHM meter the safety switches, park brake switch and wiring harness for any open circuits and inspect for corrosion or damage. Check your relays under the seat as well and the grounds for a possible failed relay. If the electrical tests okay check for metal/debris in the filter and oil and verify the pumps are actually turning and the pump drive has not failed between the engine and pumps. Let me know

We can follow up as needed on here.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Dan the pumps are not coming on, not now or before I changed the gage cluster where most of all of these things are fed from. I don't think your on the same page with me, maybe I'm thinking wrong but all the other times this happened wiping of the p.c board in the gage cluster made it work again. So I put a new cluster on and it still won't work. If I start the skid steer and unplug the cluster plugs it dies so the think the wiring is o.k.
I guess this won't work I do not want to keep spending money for nothing to now pay another 26.00 after already being charged 47.00 I get the feeling I made a mistake in trying this way. Live and learn I guess
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi, I am not an employee of the site and I have family and work outside of this.... I get credit a portion on positive feedback or accepted answers. We can follow up as needed but I am not sitting at the computer 24 hours a day

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago

The pumps do not turn on and off like a switch so that statement makes no sense....You need to know how the system operates before you can troubleshoot it and no we are not on the same page as I understand how both the electrical and the hydraulic system run and testing your way is not going to lead you anywhere but frustrated. If there is no pressure at all check the pump drive coupling.

Dan I know what your saying. I am frustrated maybe my problem is that I have always been able to get it work before by messing with the gage cluster where all the electronics originate from, so when I replaced the cluster I thought I would have no more problems, wrong. The coupling looks o.k I will try the solenoid next.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago

I can understand frustration when something like this happens but Id hate to see you change a bunch of parts that are not needed and end up spending what it might have cost bringing it in somewhere for diagnosis in the first place. Look inside the hydraulic filter for fine metal/debris that would flag an internal pump or component failure occurring. It would look like fine glitter in the oil and inside the filter if cut open for a sample inspection. If it is perfectly clean and the pump is turning, a technician would confirm with test gauges if you had pressure and in specs. For the electrical, use your Volt and OHM meter to test the voltage and also the continuity in the circuit. Test your grounds and also test to confirm voltage in the circuits and the relays in front under the seat area. Check the safety interlock switches on the lap bar and for the seat switch, etc If any of these switches or wiring are damaged or not working properly you will lose your functions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dan sorry the internet has been down we still don't have power and the tower generator was stolen.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago

Sorry to hear that. Let me know how you do with my suggestions on the skid steer.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson