Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I am installing a cylinder head onto a 1996 international dt…

Customer Question
I am installing a...

I am installing a cylinder head onto a 1996 international dt 466 e I need the toque specs for the HEUI injectors and the high pressure oil rail on the cylinder head I have the cylinder head bolt torque and sequence I cant find injector torque

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I have the last 8 of vin .......TH396415......1996 international S-4900 with a DT-466E sn#987628

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just someone with the correct service manual

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/16/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

give me a bit to look it up

HI

The oil rail is 20 ft labs, I include a pic to show how to torque

Injectors torque

1. Set the Injectors and the Hold Downs in place then torque to Torx Bolts to 24ft/lbs to seat the Injector place.
  2. After all, Injectors are in place, go back around and torque them again to ensure they are at 24ft/lbs
  3. I hope this helps you
  4. Wayne

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5- star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

HI

I forgot the pic

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Morning

I took the time to answer your question

Please take the time to respond to me

hello Wayne..........the info you gave me is incorrect,,,,,,,,,,the system you gave me is from a max force engine not a 1996 DT-466E model....... thank you for your response anyway I was able to get the correct info from the international dealership in my aria ......I have the service manual for a mechanical DT-466 the fuel system is different for the E model...it is the HEUI fuel system oh by the way if I torqued the injectors to 24 lbs ft it would push the injectors through the cylinder head the correct torque is in inch lbs...........thank you again have a merry x-mass

Hi

I am very sorry

I was working with a Maxiforce same time as with you

I posted the wrong answer to the wrong question

Now I have to go back and check I did not post your info to him

Wayne, Journeyman