Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

We half generator part number 12420852RB and the 24 V cable…

Customer Question
We half generator part...

We half generator part number 12420852RB and the 24 V cable log broke off. How can I replace that .

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Neihoff and company USA generator, engine accessory part number 12420852 RB 14 V and 28 V 100 amp DC serial number 6575 date be 97 and a follow on number of 76761Dash 10 1506–1. It’s out of a 97 Stewart and Stevenson LM TV truck. With a cat 3116 diesel engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have started the disassembly of the end of the generator to remove the end cap.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/16/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc each day. Please post a photo of the damaged cable you are referring to and its location.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson