Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Volvo truck imobiliseer

Customer Question
Volvo truck imobiliseer
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Volvo fm 8 wheeler lorry year is 06 battery cable broke lorry wouldn't start repaired cable and it started I turned off lorry and now it will only start some times but shuts down straight away park lifts and hazord lights staying on even though they are switched off
12/15/2017
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 8 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Somebody that knows

I'll opt out for someone that know it better.

Thanks.

Technician: Eurotruck72, workshop foreman replied 7 months ago
Eurotruck72
Eurotruck72, workshop foreman
Can you diagnose the light unit front tour Dash? When that had an error in it's memory it will die exactly that. It needs to check the VIN number for starting
Try to erase the error with the dash and try again. Maybe take out the fuses of the light unit for 10 seconds

Look for the "LCM" in the diagnosis list on your instrument panel. Erase the error and it will probably start again. If not try to disconnect it for a few seconds and reconnect it and hope for the best.