Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I started my 2007 international 466dt engine it ran for 30…

i started my 2007 international...
i started my 2007 international 466dt engine it ran for 30 seconds then shut off. the yellow engine light came on and wont go off. the truck wont start even after i cleared the codes it says no fault why will it not start. thank you
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I need an answer soon or i will request a refund
12/14/2017
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I apologize for the delay. This didn't pop up until now because of the activity you kept doing which was resetting your position, then the question got hung and wouldn't allow responses. It is fixed now.

What code did you have when you had the check engine light?

Can you see the ICP numbers when cranking on your scan tool? What are they?

Did you check the fuses in the battery box to make sure none are blown?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

You asked for a phone call with the system's auto feature (I don't request phone calls), but didn't reply to my questions. I need that info before I'm able to call for I want to make sure you get the right assistance with the correct info and steps so I am not wasting your funds if I don't have the right information for the concern you have. Thanks.

I unfortunately cleared both codes and the screen is showing no fault but the yellow engine light is still on and display says warn engine truck won't start. Do you need me to get the codes back up thank you

No need to get the codes back up if you cleared them for they are reset. Do you have a scanner to be able to see what the ICP is showing? If that pressure isn't building on the engine oil, it will not allow the engine to start. That is very important to see.

If you are getting that warning on the dash, check the fuses in the battery box. In particular that blue one. If it blows, you get no IDM power and that alert comes up. Start there first for it is the most common for that alert and the issue you are describing.

FYI, that phone call is like $30 extra that the system generates, not I. That is why I am holding on it until it is needed and I can give good info, troubleshooting, etc.

I started the truck yesterday it started right up but the oil pressure light came on for a second then the pressure went up to almost 80 lbs . It was cold that morning so i left the truck to warm up when i came back it had shut down and wouldn't start up yellow warning light is on

If that fuse in the battery box is good, then check the oil level to make sure it is good. Then if it is good, then the next step is to check the oil pressure on the high pressure oil rail with a scanner and/or a manual gauge attached to the head. You want to see 600 psi of pressure on the rail in order for the injectors to fire and get a start. If that is not seen by the engine, you will not get a start of the engine.

Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Phone call session started
When you say the blue one is that a 15 amp miniature fuse in the external battery box?

As stated in call, just reply if needing anything else. It was good talking to you and have a Happy Holiday Season!

thank you and merry christmas

You're welcome.