Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2005 Ford F750 Cummins 5.9L ISB, Under full throttle, power…

2005 Ford F750 Cummins 5.9L...
2005 Ford F750 Cummins 5.9L ISB, Under full throttle, power will drop off and the truck will buck. If you ease off the throttle, it will smooth out. The issue comes and goes.Getting codes PID 94 FMI 1, Fuel pump delivery pressure above/below normal, Flash code 2215 or 2216, and SPN 94 FMI 18, Injector metering rail 1 pressure, below normal operating range. Flash 2215 or 559. Fuel filter is new.. What's the first step to fix this issue?
12/13/2017
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi Rob

I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

with the codes, 1st pull valve cover engine operating temp

see if you have oil leaks around the rails(flowing)

if yes you need o-rings to replace

now, the other code is fuel pressure to monitor

to see if you have 20 Lbs at Idle ah 25-29 at 1500 RPM

if you do not have this, Replace the Fuel Regulator

Last one fuel injector metering rail, yes Fuel Regulator

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

No offense but I was hoping Cummingdr was going to respond.

Hi Rob

No offense taken, he is hit and miss here

I will opt-out if you wish and you can sit here and wait for him??

Let me know

I can wait. Thanks.

Hi

OK

I will opt-out

go-west..
go-west.., Technician

Good evening

the main offender to this code is the lift pump.

at the left rear of the engine is the high pressure fuel pump and there is a line from the lift put to that pump.we need to see if the lift pump is putting out,remove the line from the lift pump to the HPP fuel pump and let me know comes out,bump the starter and 30 cc's of fuel with no air should come out in 30 seconds,Consider this and let me know how you do..Thanks

Good evening I see the question is still open Do you have any other questions?
All fixed?
Not yet. Just wondering? Could a defective fuel pressure sensor cause the bucking under full throttle?
Any thing is possible,
Just that fuel pump is more common
Ok. I’ll get back to you on Monday.
Ok
Took the truck for a ride. Held the pedal to the floor from a dead stop. It had good power, the trans. shifted through all the gears and then the power pulled back a little, exhaust started to smoke, and then full power came back. ?? Just so I have this right, there is a lift pump that supplies the high pressure pump, on this 05' ISB? That is more prone to failing than the HPP?
I don’t see a lift pump anywhere in this engine.
sir
RV owners were getting into the Grove of bringing a spare when they are in the bush
Where is the lift pump?
This is a common rail engine.
Mounted on the backside of the ecm mount plate
I’ll check tomorrow
Ok
Found it. We’re just going to replace it. Hopefully later today. Thanks

ok

thanks for the follow up

Fuel pump did the trick. Wasn't aware that there was one on there. Thanks

sweet

please accept my answer

come back anytime

go-west..
go-west.., Technician
go-west..
go-west..
go-west.., Technician