Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

80s satoh s-630d. Have any experience with them? Tractor. 3…

Customer Question
80s satoh s-630d. Have...

80s satoh s-630d. Have any experience with them?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

3 point doesn't raise or lower

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/12/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Does it have any other hydraulics? Do they work? Hydraulic pump mounted on the right side of the engine, driving off the front gear cover? Is the pump sending oil to the three-point housing?

No other hydraulics. pump mounted on the left side. I don't know if pump is sending oil. I don't know much about hydraulics, but my setup looks simple.Here is a break down. Tractor was sitting up for 15 years. When we 1st cranked it, backend worked fine for an hour. Stopped working with the box blade, so we located a fill port in between the seat and dash. Big 1" hole that says oil. From the research I did, it said tractor shares hydraulic and transmission oil. Said to use 80# ***** oil. I filled it with 80# ***** oil a little at a time and it would start working again. After awhile, it would stop. I'd add more, then it would stop working. Today I decided to drain fluid, clean mesh filter, and add a universal heavy duty supertech transmission/hydraulic fluid. I added the correct amount using the check bolt.Checked the flow control under the seat. It is set correctly.Pulled off hydraulic lines going to the hydraulic pump. It is full of oil.Still wont lower and raise. I'm thinking (with my limited knowledge) that either the pump is bad or a valve needs to be cleaned?

It should have 80/90 weight oil, and the pump outlet needs t be checked, to be sure oil is flowing and going to the three point. If it is, either the three-point valve is sticking, or the three-point piston has blown the seal on the piston. If th e pump is sending the oil, best to go through the three-point valves and the piston, and clean it up and reseal.

Well, I probably contacted you a bad time since I know stuff like this is difficult to diagnose without seeing everything. Can I call you at some time tomorrow and get you to familiarize myself more with the tractor?
What I mean is, I need to take more pictures and probably do a phone charge with you because I think that would help me better.
It is late at the moment and I am not around the tractor.

OK, the tractor is same as Mitisibisu. I have worked on some but seems like all are a little different. But three points are all same type.

Ok. So tommorow just click "Call Me" and talk with you? Can I upload pictures through my phone to show you?

The call is an extra charge, it may not help! But I can call if you like. But check the pump output first!