Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2003 Mercedes Actros when I start it up it may run…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 Mercedes Actros when I start it up it may run for 10 or 20 to 30 or even to mins and then shuts down.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

My truck is a 2002 modle2643 this 430hp V6.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

This turck has been in into the Mercedes workshop in WA and had a new ecu new engine wireing harnesser in the last year.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has new batties has well.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/6/2017
Technician: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the fuel system tested when this issue is occurring here this needs to be done.If there is an issue with a lack of fuel due to a restricted fuel filter or pump issue this can cause this fault needing replaced to resolve this fault.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Pete, Automotive Mechanic