Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2007 freightliner century detroit 60 brake ASR Dif1 Valve…

Customer Question
2007 freightliner century detroit...

2007 freightliner century detroit 60 brake ASR Dif1 Valve open 136s018 05 N

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

Tractor abs light one, and trailer abs light on ok

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/5/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Give me some time to look up this fault info

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

136 018 05 ATC valve, open circuit Check the resistance between pins 5 and 6 of the X3 (green)
connector. A good measurement will read between 8 and 14
ohms. Check the wiring and the valve.

We can follow up as needed on here.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

136 018 05 Open circuit 2. Disconnect the ATC
Valve connector. Measure
the resistance across the
two pins of the ATC valve.
NOTE If the vehicle does
not have an ATC valve,
reconfigure the ECU.
Resistance is 7 to
14 ohms.
Go to step 3.
Resistance is not 7
to 14 ohms.
Replace ATC Valve.
3. Reconnect the ATC
valve connector. Measure
the resistance across pins
5 and 6 of the X3
connector.
Resistance is 7 to
14 ohms.
Verify fault. Check for intermittent
open circuit in 376T+ and 376 T-.
Repair as necessary.
Resistance is not 7
to 14 ohms.
Repair circuit 376T+ or 376T

I will do that and let you know results
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Pleasure to help

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

41

Ok, I will check that valve.
Also, That tractor its connected to a 2004 Stoughton dry van trailer, the trailer has also the abs light bulb on.
Does that have anything to do with the tractor abs?
On that trailer we recently changed the shocks absorber, brake chambers, and air bags.
After we changed that, the bulb came on.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Are there any other fault codes logged?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

That fault is for an open circuit as well. Check and test the wiring harness for open circuits with your OHM meter. Check the wiring and connector pins for damage and corrosion.

Im checking wiring and connectors around valves?Also, trailer abs light has nothing to do with tractor abs?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

No, separate ABS circuits. For test purposes disconnect the trailer.

Do you know what might cause abs on a trailer to be on?
I worked on trailer before but I didn't touch brakes
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

That is an open circuit so it can be a poor connection in the trailer plug, pigtail, or harness to the trailer.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

No, Im getting same codes still
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Did you test out the circuit or have a technician test out the circuit with a volt OHM meter as suggested in my post as of yet?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi What were the resistance values after running the testing I posted?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

I see this is still open with no response from you. Would a call be easier for you? Ill send over the offer to get that set up. I am trying to close out my open questions and get them resolved. If you have resolved this please let me know. Im not an employee of the site and my time is valuable as is yours. The site only credits me a portion of the question value on accepted answers and positive feedback. I see neither has happened here. I took the time to post and research this information for you. Could you do the same for me?Take the time to either post a response with a status or leave a rating if your problem is resolved? It's been a pleasure to help.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson