Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Jeremy. I have dddl 8.03. Where can i change parameter to…

Customer Question
Jeremy. I have dddl 8.03...
Jeremy. I have dddl 8.03. Where can i change parameter to engage and disengage fan clutch at "customer desired" coolant temps
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
I have dddl 8.03 i need to change fan clutch engage temp on cascadia dd15. Also how do I generate ddec report from ecm?
12/4/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 4 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi David

I am Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

Jeremy asked me to take this question

He has to change the settings for the fan on and fan off in the settings. Otherwise, it is OEM set for the engine. There is no longer a customer desired settings in the DDDL 8 versions. He would have to use the version 7.1 to do it and if newer than 2010 engine, 7,1 won't connect anymore if it ever had version 8. Part of Freightliner's security settings to prevent vehicle hacking.

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Ok. This is a 2010 cascadia w dd15. Where can I change the fan off - fan off settings? How can i pull ddec report?

HI Sorry for the delay, was called out

To pull reports, you use the Detroit reports program, not dddl

what write access you have ? It lists that in info screen when you select help at top right for the about tile.

You can't change it unless you have level 3 dealer. Otherwise, you can only view.

It's in the engine parameters. Then scrolls to fan1 and opens that tab. Then he highlights the fan temp, right-clicks, select set parameter and clicks. The box opens that shows temp on and temp off. then change it.

I have dddl 8.03 level 3. I do not see fan 1

Morning

you are not in the right area or you have a different version than the dealer. I use the dealer with write 15 and ours it's in the engine parameter right under the oil. He can search it too if he upgrades to 8.04. There is a search feature on that one now.

Wayne, Journeyman