Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2011 Volvo Isx 15 making suction noise sometime…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Volvo Isx 15 making suction noise sometime from right side to the engine then locks my transmission ultra shift

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Isx 15 commins

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

We've plugged into the computer no codes, that's all I've tried

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/5/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. This sounds like more than one problem you are having. Check the turbo intake piping for leaks and CAC and inspect the turbo for problems. As far as the transmission locking up, when does this happen? at a stop, idle, taking off in low gears, etc? Let me know. We can follow up as needed.

There is no leaks coming from the turbo. After removing foot from gas pedal, there is a suction noise (sometimes). Whenever that problem occurs, the shifting locks in gear. Then we need to shift to neutral, then rev, then put in drive. At times, if you hit the brakes too fast this problem can occur. This only occurs in higher gears. Both up shift and downshift don't work. Today I tested the truck, it didn't occur today, it occurs at random moments. It feels as if it's reaching for air and I'm not sure why because there are no leaks.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Thanks for the update. What is the full transmission model number and any fault codes logged in engine and trans ECM/TCM memory?

Fuller Transmision ultrashift two Padilla fm-15e310b-las. No folt codes in transmision
Engin code spn 1209
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Possible causes of this fault code include:

• A signal circuit open or shorted to ground in the engine harness or sensor.
  • A supply wire open or shorted to ground.
  • A failed exhaust gas pressure sensor

CODE REASON EFFECT

Fault Code: 2374
PID: P131
SPN: 1209
FMI: 4/4
LAMP: Amber
SRT:

Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor Circuit - Voltage Below Normal, or Shorted to Low Source. Low signal voltage detected at the exhaust gas pressure circuit.

None on performance

The exhaust gas pressure sensor is located above the front section of the exhaust manifold and is plumbed into the exhaust manifold.

This diagnostic runs continuously when the keyswitch is in the ON position.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Wish you and yours a great holidays. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson